Sunday, June 21, 2015

Online Diet Plan - What's Best For the 50 Something Female?

Online Diet Plan - What's Best For the 50 Something Female?

As a 50 something female with a few pounds to shed, I started poking around the Internet in search of a diet and exercise program that might work for me. My criteria were 1) that I can do it at home, 2) that it requires very little, if any, equipment, and 3) that some dietary advice went along with the program.

As my research began, I was struck by the fact that so many programs are taught by young athletic males. And while these fit fellows are certainly eye candy, I'm not convinced that their programs would be geared toward women, especially 50 something women!

When I came across a program by a woman named Denise Austin, I was impressed by her credentials. Apparently she's been quite popular for many years (you've correctly guessed that I don't often exercise so I haven't heard of her). She had a TV show, exercise tapes (opps, I mean DVDs), is a member of the President's Council on Physical Fitness and Sports, yada, yada. What really impresses me is that she looks fabulous and she's 5 years shy of my age, meaning that she's 50 something, too. Now, she probably knows where I'm coming from!

Without restating her website points (you can read them on your own), I'm putting her program on my short list for several reasons. First, she combines multiple fitness disciplines in her workouts (even Yoga poses which I've always wanted to try) for strengthening, toning and burning fat. Secondly, she provides dietary information that includes the right caloric intake for your weight loss goals, proper food selection, meal planning and recipes. The best part is that she isn't selling frozen, prepackaged food that I need to buy from her. And she prefers real sugar and real butter, not artificial sweeteners or margarine. Lastly, I can keep track of my good days and sinful days with the help of the on line tracking tools that come with a membership.

I haven't decided if this is the right program for me, but it seems to have everything I'm looking for. As I review other programs, I'll be sure to jot down my opinions. Maybe you can find your ideal on line diet plan, too. Let's make 2010 a healthy as well as a happy year!

No comments:

Post a Comment