Saturday, May 23, 2015

Praise God! The Farce is Almost Over!

Praise God! The Farce is Almost Over!

Anyone that wants the presidency so much that he'll spend two years organizing and campaigning for it is not to be trusted with the office. (David Broder)

With the election just three weeks away, this will probably be my last comment on this subject. I hope I'm not alone when I say that I've become weary of the political rhetoric, treachery and games that have permeated this presidential campaign so far. If our country and the world was not in such a mess, I'm sure I would have paid little or no attention. I could have lived out my life quite contentedly without having experienced this latest political farce!

When this year began, I was not thrilled with any of the possible candidates on either "side of the isle." I did find it somewhat fascinating that we had an African American (NOT "Arab," "Muslim" or "Terrorist") and woman, on the Democratic side, seeking the presidency, but I knew little of Obama and didn't care much for Ms. Clinton.

However, by the time the conventions had finished and McCain had picked Palin as his running mate, I had been forced to make a decision, and it was no contest! Over the last two months, I have watched McCain make one blunder after another, even beyond his choice of vice president, and have become even more certain of my choice. Again, I never would have become involved-politically-at all, but the state of the world, as well as my own, and the ineptitude of McCain had forced me to make a decision!

This article, below, is just one of a multitude of reasons why I'm steering clear of the Republicans and those who think, believe and respond as many (not all) of them do. I'm steering clear for political reasons, but also because of my belief and faith in God, which is evidently much different than McCain's, Palin's and this "minister's."

"'There are millions of people around this world praying to their god - whether it`s Hindu, Buddha, Allah - that his [McCain`s] opponent wins, for a variety of reasons,` said Arnold Conrad, former pastor of Grave Evangelical Free Church. `And Lord, I pray that you would guard your own reputation because they`re going to think that their god is bigger than you if that happens. So I pray that you will step forward and honor your own name in all that happens between now and Election Day.'

This invocation before a John McCain appearance in Davenport, Iowa is disturbing on so many levels."

Little does this supposed "man of God" know, or discern, that arrogant ignorance of other's beliefs, by an educated, Christian "minister," also looks bad in the eyes of those listening and observing! Conrad, in his prayer, made a major blunder when he claimed that Hindus pray to Hindu, instead of "Vishnu, Brahma, Shiva or Shakti, depending on the sect." This "minister" is also ignorant, or at least lacking in discernment, when it comes to God and His sovereignty! A prayer pleading for God to protect Himself from other gods is a sign of spiritual ignorance, as well as a total lack of faith. God, doesn't need the instruction of any created human being and to suggest anything different is to toy with blasphemy, which this legalistic "minister" should realize.

Politics are not the task of a Christian. (Dietrich Bonhoeffer)

I am so tired of the Republicans and their "faith-based," wealthy or brain-dead followers. They make a mockery out of God and His Son while pursuing their worldly agendas: wealth, power and total control. I'm also tired of the political, far left and their Godless, relativistic reasoning, but at least they're not hypocritical.

There are hundreds of political examples that are as bad or worse than this one, which McCain has found himself trapped in, but I won't go there. I'm just thankful that, in three weeks, this latest, cyclical, political fiasco will be over, one way or another!

Minister's Controversial Prayer at a John McCain Rally.

No comments:

Post a Comment